On this page you can find all the Stolen Vehicles information
Participate vehicle theft
Advice on preventing vehicle theft:
In addition to closing your car
- Lock the doors.
- Keep spare keys at home or in your pocket, but never inside your vehicle.
- Replace door locks with thin headless rods. It is thus practically impossible to pull them with a wire.
- When parking, leave the engine side facing the most visible location. If someone moves it, it will be more easily detected.
- Even if your absence is brief, never let the engine run. Not even in a car park.
- Use a lock, pedal stick or steering wheel visible from the outside.
- Use a lockable fuel filler cap.
How to prevent the theft of objects left inside your vehicle?
The best way is, of course, never to do it, but if this is not possible then:
- Lock them in the trunk, but do so before reaching the place where you are going to park, as you may be being watched. The criminals use the system to monitor the parks a lot, seeing who keeps valuables in the trunk of the vehicle and later acting profitably.
- Never leave your vehicle's documents in the glove compartment, check books, credit cards, self-defense weapons, among others. Remember that this place offers little security and is one of the first “hiding places” to attract the attention of the offender.
- When traveling, do not leave your luggage in the trunk when you stop overnight, as its weight and the consequent pressure it exerts on the shock absorber system are easily detectable by a “professional”.
- Install a removable system – the drawer – for your radio and cassette player.
Prevention is the best protection
What to do if, despite all precautions, you are the victim of a theft?
- Immediately report to the law enforcement authority with jurisdiction in that area.
- Make a detailed report with precise indications regarding the vehicle and its characteristics, namely if there are special brands that can facilitate its recovery.
- Give as accurate a description as possible of the valuables that were inside the vehicle.
- Install a GPS locator in the vehicle so that it knows its location after it is stolen.